PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION TO MAKE SURE THAT THE RENTAL YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IS STILL AVAILABLE.
Applications need to be brought into the office during normal business hours. Until we have a signed lease and full security deposit, the unit will remain available for showings to other prospective tenants. Each adult living in the property must complete the application and will be on the lease. If there are more than 2 adults living in the property then there is an additional full security deposit due for each additional adult.
For the application to be processed, it must be turned in with the application fee ($35.00 per applicant 18 years or older that will live at the residence). This fund needs to be brought into our office in a money order or cashiers check. We do have a drop box to the left of our door as well. We will also need copies of each adults’ drivers licenses. We will need proof of income for each applicant (at least 3 months) and we verify employment, income, credit, and background checks. These can be emailed to us at [email protected].
1. A prospective tenant has the right to provide to the landlord a portable tenant screening report, as defined in section 38-12-902(2.5), Colorado Revised Statutes; and
2. If a prospective tenant provides the landlord with a portable tenant screening report, the landlord is prohibited from:
- Charging the prospective tenant a rental application fee; or
- Charging the prospective tenant a fee for the landlord to access or use the portable tenant screening report.
We also look at previous rental history. In addition, we need the applicant to make at least 3 times the amount of rent. Also, prospective tenants must be employed at the same company and live in Colorado Springs for at least 6 months, must have a valid Social Security Number and drivers license, etc. Please allow 24-48 hours to process an application.
When an application is approved, the lease signing must be done within 3 business days. Security deposits are required in full at the time of the lease signing. Deposits must be paid via cashier’s check or money orders. The rent will be pro-rated from the start date of the lease.
Until we have a signed lease and full security deposit, the unit will remain available for showings to other prospective applicants. Applicant is still required to bring in the following items to Citadel Realty even if you are submitting the application online: a money order or cashiers check for $35 per applicant fee, picture ID and last 3 months pay stubs.
Citadel Realty has a no pet policy for all of their homes. If a tenant has an unauthorized pet on the property, there will be a 10 day notice posted immediately to get rid of the animal and the tenant could be subject to eviction.
- If a prospective tenant has an eviction in the past 7 years, this will be an automatic disqualification
- If money is owed to a previous or current landlord or management company or utility company, in the past 7 years, and restitution has not been made, this will disqualify tenant.
- If the applicant receives a poor reference for a current or previous landlord or management company, the tenant may be disqualified.
- If the applicant has ever been convicted of a felony in the past 5 years, or if the applicant has been convicted of a felony for murder, methamphetamines, stalking or sex offense requiring registration, the applicant will be disqualified.
- If the prospective tenant has not lived in Colorado Springs and been employed at the same company for at least 6 months. The only exception to this is if there is a job transfer within the same company.
- All income must be verifiable. We do not accept letters from company owners or cash under the table. There must be a paper trail.
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and Social Security number.
- If there is a non-discharged bankruptcy within the past 7 years. then this is an automatic denial.
- No co-signers
- All applicants must have a Transunion credit score above 600 for any applicant.
- Applicants will be disqualified if they have a credit history of late payments to creditors or management company, within the past 7 years.
- Applicants will be disqualified if they have collections for utility companies, internet and cell phone companies, within the past 7 years.
- All applicants need to have at least 18 months of rental history.
- Applicants will be disqualified if they provide false information on a rental application.
Rent is due on the 1st of each month. A late charge will be assessed on the 9th. In addition, a 10-day notice will be posted at the tenant’s home as a demand for payment at a charge of $50, if rent is not paid on the 1st.
It is the tenant’s responsibility to contact Citadel Realty if rent will be late for any reason and to make payment arrangements. If not, the file could be sent to the attorney for eviction.